12 different communities + 7 different states = Lifespace
- Abbey DelrayDelray Beach, FL
- Claridge CourtPrairie Village, KS
- Abbey Delray SouthDelray Beach, FL
- Beacon HillLombard, IL
- DeerfieldUrbandale, IA
- Friendship Village
of BloomingtonBloomington, MN
- Friendship Village
of South HillsUpper St. Clair, PA
- Grand Lodge
at the PreserveLincoln, NE
- Harbour's EdgeDelray Beach, FL
- Oak TraceDowners Grove, IL
- The WaterfordJuno Beach, FL
- Village on the GreenLongwood, FL
Our Caring Ways
CCRC (Continuing Care Retirement Communities): Every Lifespace community offers a complete continuum of care.
Each community also offers this widely preferred cost-management plan for care. With Life Care, residents know their costs of living will remain predictable for life, even if they need long-term care. That care will come from people they already know and trust — and at a cost that is well below what they would pay for skilled care entered directly.
Living well is the whole idea. So here’s the holistic plan: Review your intellectual, spiritual, physical and social capabilities for achieving your goals … and then follow through with a schedule for growth and improvement. That’s aligning your lifestyle and goals — and that’s the Lifespace initiative for richly fulfilled living.
Create communities celebrating the lives of seniors.
Vital, purpose-driven seniors will discover a Lifespace community means freedom and opportunity.
- Commitment to excellence and innovation
- Anticipating needs and exceeding expectations
- Passionate attention to detail
- Responsible stewardship
Making the best-informed choices, without exception, maintains systemic stability. A stable system keeps a solid foundation under each community. And a community with a solid foundation means confidence for residents, who deserve to have their futures as risk-free as possible.
A not-for-profit widely respected for financial success, Lifespace Communities, Inc. has earned an “A” from Fitch Ratings. This allows the organization to receive tax-exempt bonds, which makes it easier to raise capital with lower financing and debt costs.
Organized in 1976 as Life Care Retirement Communities, we became Lifespace Communities, Inc. in 2009, with our new name reflecting a new vision. We affirm three vital attributes of “Lifespace.”
- We celebrate the life of seniors
- Each person finds the space to pursue fulfillment
- Individuals set the pace for their own lives.
- Founded 1976 by Fred Weitz
- Not-for-profit from the beginning
- Managed by LCS until 2005
- First community was Friendship Village of Bloomington
- Most recent (2011) community is Oak Trace (formerly Fairview Village in Downers Grove, IL)
President & CEO
Senior VP of Operations
Senior VP and General Counsel
Senior VP and Chief Financial Officer
Senior VP of Business Development
VP of Financial Operations and Strategic Growth
VP of Sales and Marketing
VP of Human Resources
VP of Information Technology
VP of Successful Aging and Health Services